Brandi Lea Nash

Brandi Lea Nash
Ms. Essence 2010-2011 to book for an appearance email me at msessencequeen@yahoo.com

Sunday, October 10, 2010

11th Annual Fi(gh)t For the Cure Event

Oct. 9th


As we all know October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month.  In honor of that, I participated in the 11th Annual Fi(gh)t For the Cure Event at my local Dillards department store.  On this day I had my first ever bra fitting by a certified bra fitter!  For every woman that participated $2.00 was donated in their name to the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation.  In addition, another $2.00 donation is made for every Wacoal or b.tempt'd bra purchased that day. 

Fit for the Cure Events are focused on 3 major objectives:
1. Fund raising for the battle against breast cancer.
2. Educating women about the importance of early detection.
3. Providing women with the high quality undergarments with the proper fit and counseling appropriate wardrobing choices.

The Dillards lingerie department staff was so friendly and professional.  Bernadete and Joanna took great care of me and it came as a big surprise that I had been wearing the wrong size bra...for years!  Well, I am now educated in how important it is to be fitted for the correct bra and why.  I highly encourage all women to be properly fitted for a bra.  What a positive and educational cause!  I never knew bra shopping could be so fun now that I know what to look for.   

No comments:

Post a Comment