Brandi Lea Nash

Brandi Lea Nash
Ms. Essence 2010-2011 to book for an appearance email me at msessencequeen@yahoo.com

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Meeting the Great-Granddaughter of "The Unsinkable Molly Brown."

April 23, 2011

I had the honor of meeting Helen Benziger McKinney today.  It was a step back in time!  The Historical Plains Hotel of Cheyenne, WY hosted full tea where Helen spoke on Tea Etiquette, the History of hosting low, high and formal teas and of course interesting stories about her great grandmother, Margaret "Molly" Brown.  This was my first Tea and it was incredible in every sense.  Helen is a warm, spirited, fun woman and I enjoyed her so much.  She asked me about my Ms. Essence title and I was excited to tell her all about it.  She introduced me to the guests and I had an opportunity to say a few words to everyone before the event began.  Helen Benziger McKinney has spoken to numerous groups across the country about her remarkable great grandmother, the colorful Titanic survivor who was the inspiration behind the hit musical, "The Unsinkable Molly Brown." She shared the inspirational stories of her great grandmother's journey through life, as she was little known for her involvement in the women's suffrage movement, foster care, her run for senate and silent funding of numeorus special interest groups.  The featured Molly Brown Tea is a private label tea created in Partnership with Providence Hospitality Partners and McKinney for sale within their Historical Hotels. It was served with Devonshire Cream and scones with private label preserves, savory tea sandwiches and a delightful array of classic tea pastries and Chocolate Decadence.  I am pictured with Helen.  Also, I took a photo of our wonderful servers: Maurece and Alicia. 



No comments:

Post a Comment